Established in 1994, the Academic Information Centre (AIC) is a non-profit foundation divided into three departments:
1) The Quality Agency for Higher Education (Augstakas izglitibas kvalitates agentura, AIKA), established in 2015 with task assigned by government to ensure the accreditation of institutions of higher education and study directions, as well as licensing of study programmes
2) The Latvian ENIC/NARIC Centre for recognition of qualifications
3) A project department which ensures projects such as Coordination Point for Latvian National Qualifications framework, participation in the ReferNet network, and other higher education projects.
AIC's has a national coverage and focus on the following core activities:
- Institutional evaluation
- Accreditation of study directions
- Assessment of feasibility on changes in study programs
- Initial accreditation of new programs
Dzirnavu Street 16, 3rd floor
+371 67 225 155
+371 67 221 006
Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA); Nordic Quality Assurance Network in Higher Education (NOQA); European Consortium for Accreditation (ECA); International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE)
Not available; please submit an official wikipedia article, preferably in English, about this higher education-related organization.