Guide to Associate of Science Program/Course/Degree
Associate of Science (AS)
Associate of Science (AS)
The duration of an AS degree typically ranges from 1.5 to 2 years when pursued on a full-time basis. Part-time options may extend the duration.
Tuition Range (US only):
Tuition fees for an AS degree can vary widely based on factors such as the location of the college, whether it is a community college or a university and whether the student is an in-state resident or an out-of-state/international student. On average, annual tuition for an AS program can range from $2,000 to $10,000 or more.
The Associate of Science (AS) degree is a two-year undergraduate program that provides students with a foundation in science and mathematics. It is often pursued at community colleges and serves as a stepping stone for further education in science-related fields or immediate entry into the workforce.
Curriculum Overview by Year:
- Year 1:
- General Education Courses (e.g., English, Mathematics)
- Introductory Science Courses (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
- Year 2:
- Advanced Science Courses (e.g., Organic Chemistry, Calculus)
- Elective Courses in the Chosen Science Discipline
- General Education Requirements
- Core Science and Mathematics Courses
- Elective Courses in Specialized Science Disciplines (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
While an AS degree itself may not lead to highly specialized careers, it can prepare students for various entry-level positions in fields such as:
- Laboratory Technician
- Environmental Science Technician
- Research Assistant
- Science Educator (with additional qualifications)
- Technical Support Specialist
Salary expectations for individuals with an AS degree can vary widely depending on the chosen career path and geographic location. On average, graduates can expect to earn a starting salary ranging from $30,000 to $50,000 per year.
It's important to note that degree duration, tuition fees, curriculum, key components, career prospects and salary expectations for an Associate of Science (AS) degree can vary:
- By the chosen state where you study the degree.
- By the chosen college or university where you pursue the degree.
Prospective students interested in obtaining an AS degree can use the uniRank World Universities Search Engine to find institutions offering this program in the United States.
World Universities Search Engine
search for Associate of Science (AS) and add the Location (country, state etc.) or specific University you are interested in studying at.
Associate of Science (AS) United States
Associate of Science (AS) United Kingdom online
Associate of Science (AS) Australia international students
Associate of Science (AS) University of California
Associate of Science (AS) University of London tuition fees
Associate of Science (AS) University of Sydney scholarships
Interesting? Share this program/course/degree info with your friends now.